The Toolroom Academy is proud to introduce the new Production Masterclass course, in conjunction with Matrix Sessions LA.
This incredible 1-1 learning experience is for those who are truly serious about their music career & journey. Learn from our bespoke and intensive curriculum, created by the Toolroom A&R team and devised to teach you the very latest in modern Tech House production.
Benefit from a unique mentoring system from the Toolroom team, including some of the key artists on the Toolroom roster. Enjoy a wealth of new contacts and benefits from the most premium course in the Toolroom Academy.
Over your 3 month journey, you will pick up the tips and tricks that the Toolroom A&R team look out for when they are scouting for new music to sign to the label.
- Structure, Arrangement & File Management
- Creative Tactics & Workflow
- Creative Audio Manipulation & Sound Design
- Keys & Basslines (Notes, Chords & Scales)
- Creative Sampling
- Mixing Techniques (EQ, Compression, Buss, AUX, Harmonic Excitement and Saturation)
- Vocal: Pre and Post Processing and Mixing
- DIY Mastering
- Achieving the Toolroom Sound
- Learn from the exclusive ‘Toolroom Tech House’ module, designed in conjunction with Toolroom A&R team and Brian Matrix
- Free Toolroom Mastering service on your track
- Free Toolroom Sample Packs
- Free Toolroom Merchandise
- Weekly Skype mentoring session with Toolroom artists & business team
- Masterclass culminates in filmed A&R feedback on your track
- Following the end of the course, students enjoy continued use of Matrix Studios (LA & OC) and Toolroom Studios
ABOUT MATRIX SESSIONS
Matrix Sessions is a collective of LA’s most prestigious mentors and instructors that have trained exclusively for our program. The program includes an elite curriculum in music production, audio engineering, sound design, and audio manipulation. Providing their members with private 1-on-1 music production mentor sessions, focused on Ableton Live or Logic, together with the foundation of your DAW, basic fundamentals, organization, workflow, mixing techniques, synthesis, mastering, keys, and getting past creative blocks and barriers.
Toolroom Masterclass students have the option of studying either in Los Angeles, Orange County or at the Toolroom HQ in Kent, England.
Matrix Sessions LA is located in the heart of Downtown LA’s creative ‘Arts District’, at The Biscuit Company Lofts, a 7-story building. Built in 1925 as a factory, the building was converted to luxury work lofts in 2006. Matrix Sessions newest branch is located in the heart of Orange County, within 10 minutes from OC’s hottest nightclub venues (Time, Yost, Observatory, & Heat).
The Toolroom Studios are housed inside the label headquarters, and are used by many of the artists on our roster including Mark Knight.
Los Angeles, USA
Orange County, USA
Toolroom HQ, Kent.
3 months: 1 production session per week, 1 business & branding session per week, 1 A&R feedback session per week.
We accept students from a range of production backgrounds. All students are interviewed via Skype/phone prior to joining the Masterclass course.