MUSIC CURATOR – TOOLROOM
Toolroom is looking for an exciting proactive Music Curator to join our growing team based in Maidstone, Kent. Reporting to the Head of Sales, you will be directly responsible for the growth and development of our presence on streaming platforms, including Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music & more. Additionally, you will take a leading role in the creative track selection, production and delivery of Toolroom Radio, which has a worldwide listernship of over 13 million.
Streaming & Playlist Curation
• Creative direction of the Toolroom group’s streaming accounts; updating & curating key playlists on platforms such as Spotify, Deezer & Apple Music.
• Proactively working with the Toolroom group’s artists, external partners and internal teams to create exciting and engaging marketing material to promote and effectively grow all
aspects of our streaming business.
• Own the streaming world – to understand the marketplace fully and seek out commercial opportunities where possible.
• A driven, “won’t settle for anything but the best” attitude that can be implemented in seeking out new streaming initiatives.
• In charge of track selection, production and delivery of the rebranded Toolroom Radio Show.
• Creating & distributing products through Fuga, certifying that all artists and label information is up to date and entered correctly.
• Securing weekly guest mixes, creating accurate label copy, liaising with high profile artists/management and labels on a regular basis.
• Creative input into the direction, features and structure of the show on a regular basis.
• Proactively working with external partners and internal marketing teams to create exciting and engaging marketing material to promote and effectively grow all aspects of our radio show.
• Contribute to weekly A&R meetings with new artist and track suggestions
• Approving compilation mixes for Album Department across a multitude of projects.
• You will have a deep and well-rounded knowledge of underground House music, and a real passion for music discovery.
• You will have a proven knowledge of the Toolroom back catalogue, with a vision of how this can be monetized through streaming.
• You’ll be fluent in the use of streaming services (Essential).
• You will have the ability to create and curate engaging playlists and promote them effectively.
• You will have the confidence to pitch appropriate tracks into appropriate streaming playlists.
• You will have the flexibility to work to short timelines and turn projects around quickly.
• You will have the knowledge, or willingness to learn, the technical aspect of creating a Radio show.
• You will have the ability to interact and develop key relationships amongst record labels, radio and streaming platforms.
• You will have minimum 2 years experience in the music industry. Industry connections and relationships are an advantage but not essential.
• You will be a team player, willing to get stuck into the family ethos of Toolroom.
• Dependent on experience.
Toolroom Records is known internationally as one of the most innovative major brands in dance music. After over a decade in the music industry, we are known for our passion for quality House music, and a close connection with our community of fans. Over the past ten years, we’ve signed and even discovered some legendary artists; we’ve led the way in an ever-changing industry, developing artists and even evolving ourselves – and this is just the beginning. Our close team of 15 is based in Maidstone, Kent – 1 hour outside of London.
Please send a CV and covering to Jamie Kemp, Head of Sales ([email protected]) with the subject title ‘Music Curator’.